- DroneBot Workshop - Clear tutorials on electronics and hobby robotics.
- HomoFaciens - Noncommercial German site with a lot of tutorials on technology and electronics. Also check out "The Project" to see the motivation.
- Microchip Technology, Inc. - "Self-Paced Training" modules cover some generic technology in addition to their specific products (e.g. C programming language, TP/IP, operational amplifiers).
- NewbieHack Tutorials - Useful tutorials on a commerical site.
- Modern Robotics: Mechanics, Planning, and Control - College-level textbook.
- A Gentle Introduction to ROS - Online book covering ROS (Robot Operating System) with examples in C++.
- HumbleBundle.com - You can sign up for their newsletter to receive periodic notices of time-limited (and cheap) downloadable book (and game) "bundle" offers, each bundle relating to a particular subject. Past bundles include Robotics, Arduino, Artificial Intelligence, and various maker subjects. You can download e-books in bundles you have ordered or access them via your library page on the Humble Bundle site.
On sites below, search for "robotics" or other relevant topic.
- Class Central - Catalog of courses offered by others.
- Coursera - Last time we checked, you were able to sign up for an individual course for free, but not an entire "specialization" (series of related courses); just select Audit on the course enrollment page.
- edX - Nonprofit founded by Harvard and MIT. Powered by Open edX, a free open-source platform.
- Udemy - Less formal courses, offered by individuals for various fees. There are several coirses for learning the Python programming language.
Recommended for ROS learners: "Hello (Real) World with ROS" - ROS edX course from Delft University of Technology (in Delft, Netherlands).
We need your feedback!
What was your experience with the resources on this page? What others should be listed? Please post your thoughts on our Google group.